5 Ways to Think And Grow Rich
Updated: Jan 19
Welcome to today’s smart money tip. Today I want to share the most influential book I’ve read when it came to my business and thinking about money.
This book was recommended to me when I was at the lowest point in my life financially. To say it had a major impact on my life still feels like I am not giving it enough credit.
The book is called Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Nearly every millionaire and business owner I meet recommends this book to me. I’m so excited when they do because I am able to tell them I have read it many times already.
Napoleon Hill was born in 1883 and wouldn’t publish Think an Grow Rich until 1937.
The book was born out of a meeting and idea Napoleon had while meeting with the multi millionaire Andrew Carnegie. Maybe you’ve heard of Carnegie Hall or checkout a book from the library thanks for Andrew Carnegies generous donation to have free libraries set up all across the united states.
In this meeting with Carnegie, Carnegie recommend Napoleon Hill do a study of over 100 millionaires to see if he could establish habits or key areas of success that others could follow. This started Napoleon on a 10+ year journey that nearly bankrupted him and his family.
Finally the book was published and it became a best seller. It has now sold more than 15 million copies and has remained in the top 10 business and self help books for many decades.
So here are a few key take away from the book
1. Know what is is you want. Too many are just trying to get through each day. Espcially right now but it isn’t until you become crystal clear on what you want out of life, a career or a business that you can intensely focus and succeed.
2. Whether you are rich or poor, you can come up with ideas that can change the world. All riches earned in this world started as an idea. The Iphone started as an Idea. Tesla’ cars started as an idea. Everything you buy right now started as an idea in someone’s mind. Every book I have written started as a simple idea that I then worked on.
3. One of the biggest causes of failure is from giving up to soon. Some times we are on the verge of a major break through or business idea or jump in income but a small failure sets us back or encourages us to quit. Everyone successful person you can think of has had to overcomes failure and set backs so if you find yourself having a set back or failure, just remember on the other side of this hurdle is the success you are seeking.
4. Our minds only work with the material we feed them. Be very purposeful with the books you are reading, the news you are watching, the conversations you are having. You become what you think about most so if you are thinking positive and on accomplishing something, you will outperform the person that only feeds their mind negative or unhelpful thoughts.
5. Success leaves clues. Find a good mentor or a successful person you can model or study. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. If you see someone in your life or work place that is successful, study what they do that is working and incorporate their positive habits or approach into your own.
These are just a few of the hundreds of good ideas shared in this book. I credit this book with expanding my own thinking, where I focused my attention in order to become successful and for some of the ideas I’ve used to build my own business.
I hope this video will encourage you to check out this incredible book. I get nothing out of sharing it with you except joy. I considered it one of the most influential business books I’ve ever read.
The human mind is an incredible thing if we feed it positive and powerful messages. This book certainly helped me do that during some of my hardest years of life.
I wish to remind you that you are amazing.
I appreciate you stopping by or being in my community.
Which book influenced your life most?
Which book influenced your money most?
Thanks for being in my community as I share news, smart money tips and words of encouragement.